compensation: Based on certifications and experience - minimum $11 per hour - class instructors $15 employment type: part-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for part time Fitness Coaches and part time Fitness Instructors with new and innovative ideas for Fitness Classes! Do you teach TRX, Boot Camp, Step Aerobics, Zumba or Yoga? Then we would like to hear from you!
Hours - Monday - Friday variable times from noon until 9 PM and some Saturdays
• Display good character and be passionate about impacting others lives through the realm of fitness.
• Use excellent communication skills to work positively with different populations and build rapport with clients
• Ensure that fitness classes meet ACSM standards
• Ensure that a safe and healthy environment exists for participants
• Arrive to teach class in advance of the scheduled time in order to greet participants, answer questions and address concerns
• Share any applicable educational information with class participants
• Give the Director of Recreation advance notice if unable to teach a class
• Must be able to find a substitute instructor to fill-in if unable to teach a class
• Motivate class participants to reach their fitness goals
• Keep up-to-date on safety and fitness trends
• Maintain any required certifications
• Will work some evening and weekend hours.
• Make sure that all equipment is set-up and ready to be used before class begins
• Evaluate, correct, and instruct members on proper exercise techniques
• Evaluate, correct, and instruct members on how to properly use the dance studio equipment
• Keep the dance studio equipment clean and functioning properly
• Report any equipment/ facility problems to the Director of Recreation & Fitness
• Work with the Director of Recreation & Fitness to keep track / records of class participants
• Maintain records of teaching plans for each class and what was accomplished in each class.
• All other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director of Recreation & Fitness.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers