compensation: The VISTA receives a monthly stipend of $1,040, plus a phone, transportation, and grocery stipend, and connections to additional grocery, healthcare, and childcare support. employment type: full-time internship non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
CO-OP Dayton has partnered with the Ohio CDC Association and the Corporation for National & Community Service to recruit a one-year full-time VISTA member!
Co-op Dayton promotes an equitable model for the development of our local economy: community and worker cooperative ownership. Community ownership ensures that businesses respond to community needs; and worker ownership ensures that jobs include living wages with opportunities to build wealth. Our Gem City Market project does both!
The VISTA will support our newest initiative, a cooperative and social enterprise incubator that will allow us to support multiple teams of entrepreneurs to establish community-based businesses, creating jobs, building assets, and meeting needs in neighborhoods.
Specifically, the VISTA will help to develop the incubator in its first year by recruiting volunteer mentors and workshop facilitators; building program infrastructure, like communication methods and workshop materials; coordinating the final community celebration and pitch event; and documenting and evaluating our work.
- Recruit Volunteers: Connect with potential volunteer mentors and facilitators for the incubator program through Co-op Dayton’s network in the local business community.
- Develop Program Infrastructure: Support communication with project teams, and prepare materials for team meetings and workshops.
- Coordinate Pitch Event: Plan a startup co-op pitch event and community celebration, and implement the plan with staff and volunteers.
- Document and Evaluate Program: Gather data on program successes and challenges and craft recommendations for changes.
Benefits of Service:
- Modest monthly living allowance ($1,040 before taxes)
- End-of-service education award ($6,095) or cash stipend ($1,800)
- Forbearance on qualified loans
- Healthcare and childcare support
- Professional development opportunities, including training and networking
- Valuable professional experience and the opportunity to impact the Dayton region
For more information or to apply, contact Rachel Meketon at Rachel.Meketon@COOPDayton.org or (937) 716-1717.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers